If you've fallen while riding a scooter, you understand how much it hurts your knees. Luckily, owning the best knee pads will help protect you if you fall while riding. Not only do scrapes and bruises often occur when you fall, but significant injuries can also result. Even the most careful riders aren't shielded from taking a tumble every so often, which is even more prevalent when riding an electric scooter.
To avoid injuries safety and protective equipment is a worthwhile investment for riders to purchase. The best safety gear will keep you protected. And, you'll also enjoy regular riding without having to worry about being sidelined in the event of a fall.
How to Choose the Best Knee Pads
The best knee pads for wearing when riding your scooter are going to differ from one rider to the next. For some, a tighter fit is more important than the exterior design or padding. Others want knee pads which are comfortable and provide sufficient padding to soften the fall. However, there are some features which should be present regardless of the product you ultimately choose to purchase.
The knee pads you choose should allow you to move freely and comfortably. You don't want to restrict your range of motion when riding your scooter. Choose knee pads which will enable you to mobilize quickly, change direction, and maintain full control when riding your scooter.
A gel cushioning or exterior padded material is another essential feature to look for when choosing knee pads. The more of a cushion you have to land on, the more it minimizes the impact on your joints and knees. And, the less likely you are to suffer an injury when riding.
The straps should be comfortable to fasten and tighten, and you should feel high levels of support when wearing your knee pads. You don't want to feel strain or tension when making sudden turns or movements. Choose knee pads which provide you a high range of mobility for movement.
Some of the best knee pads allow you to wear them for multiple activities. Riding your scooter, gardening, or even working on a construction job site. Regardless of where you plan on using them, look for a pair of knee pads which is multifaceted and is durable in construction.
How We Compared the Best Knee Pads
In our comparison guide, we focused on several different attributes to help buyers find the best knee pads. Among these were:
Additionally, price, brand-name, and real customer ratings went into our reviews, to help you choose the best protective gear for riding.
Materials Used in Development of the Best Knee Pads
Knee pads will feature an EVA padded material, which is a rubber/foam material often present in sports protective equipment. It helps minimize impact, soften falls, and allows you to safe landing place if you do fall when riding your scooter. Elastic straps made of a neoprene material are highly breathable, comfortable, and allow for high levels of mobility. Straps often feature a Velcro-fastener closure to keep the knee pads in place.
Nylon materials are often chosen for knee pads and protective sporting equipment as well. It is breathable and offers an extensive range of mobility. PVC materials help strengthen the exterior surface of your knee pads. Often associated with plumbing pipes, it helps stabilize the core of your knee pads. And, it will help prevent them from cracking or breaking if you suffer a heavy fall.
Of course, not all knee pads utilize the same materials or design construction. When choosing knees pads for riding your scooter, these are some of the most durable finishes available.
Proper Sizing, Measurement, and Fit
It is essential to choose the right size when investing in knee pads. Although they are adjustable, if they are too large or small, you'll notice some issues with mobility when riding. You can start by measuring the width of your knee with a soft measuring tape. Your leg should be straight when measuring the diameter. You will also utilize body weight guides which are available on packaging/labels, to help you determine between S, M, L, XL sizing needs.
It is important to note every manufacturer has different sizing guidelines. If possible, err on the side of choosing a smaller fit, to avoid shifting or the knee pad coming off if you make quick movements.
The Best Products Available
Before ultimately choosing the best knee pads you should compare several products. These are some top-rated options to help you narrow down the list when you're ready to purchase new knee pads.
- Made of durable, soft EVA padded material with tough plastic plates
- The most popular protection for skating and other activities
- Multiple adjustable elastic straps fit for various knee girths
- Appropriate for inline skating and riding bikes and scooters and other extreme sports
This 3-in-1 set comes with knee, wrist, and elbow pads. It features a soft EVA padded exterior material and robust plastic plates for stability. Multiple adjustable straps allow you to adjust the pads for riding comfort. They feature Velcro-elastic closures to tighten/loosen the pads for high levels of comfort and safety.
One of the pros of this set is that it comes with protection for your entire body when riding. It is also available in children and adult sizing. It comes in four different color options.
Some owners did complain about the knee pads, though. There were complaints that it was made of poor quality and construction and sizing guides being inaccurate. Some also complain there isn't sufficient exterior padding to keep you safe when riding.
- Unisex design makes the knee pads suitable for both men and women to wear, two sizes available
- 1 pair knee pads (Left and right)
- Material: durable Nylon, spandex and EVA foam
- This Knee Support is ideal for working, football, basketball, badminton, tennis, track and field and many other sports
- Retains body heat to warm the knee joint and increase blood circulation
These multi-purpose knee pads feature a thick, sponge collision avoidance protection on the exterior surface. They are made for riding, working, hiking, or other outdoor activities, allowing you to wear them for various events. Unisex design is perfect for men and women.
Purchasers like the size/fit of this knee pad, given it, is available in a small/medium and large size. It retains body heat well and increases blood circulation and flow when engaging in your favorite sports.
LIFT Safety Apex
- Gel insert forms to patella and knee cap maximizing comfort and protection
- Fully adjustable two strap design resists slipping
- Hinged upper strap prevents binding and offers optional removal
- Textured TPR knee cap maximizes traction and stability on all surfaces
- Ballistic nylon construction resists abrasion for increased durability
The gel-knee guard features gel inserts around the patella to help keep your knee joints from moving when engaging in sporting activities. Fully adjustable straps on top and bottom prevent the knee brace from shifting when you're playing.
Owners like the flexibility and full range of motion the knee pad afford them. A nylon construction also prevents binding and chafing. A textured knee cap maximizes traction on any surface. The knee pad is costly in comparison to others on the list. Some owners also claim the straps don't tighten properly causing the knee pad to move when they're engaged in activities
McDavid Hex Knee Pad
The McDavid knee pad is one of the best knee pads for individuals who are highly active. In addition to knee protection, they offer protection for the shins, elbows, or forearms as well.
The hex-technology features a superior, close-foam padding design offering athletes a high range of motion, flexibility, and contact/collision support, for all sports. The durable design and thicker material, also make this a product that is built to last. One of the main complaints is that the knee pad runs tight/slightly small. It isn't adjustable either and can cause overheating if worn for more extended periods of time.
Triple 8 KP
- Sleeveless skateboarding knee pads with heavy duty EVA memory foam for comfort and maximum padding
- High-density, impact-resistant knee cap has a flat cap design and is securely attached with reinforced rivets for longevity and stability
- Easy on-and-off sleeveless design features neoprene butterfly closure and wide, reinforced webbed elastic straps on top and bottom with adjustable hook and loop closures for a secure fit
- Available in five sizes: JR fits 11-12.5 in (28-32 cm), S fits 12.5-14.5 in (32-36 cm), M fits 14.5-16 in (36-40 cm), L fits 16-17 in (40-44 cm), and XL fits 17-19.5 in (44-50 cm)
- Includes one pair of knee pads; to determine proper size, measure around extended knee; manufacturer's limited 180-day warranty
These knee pads off protection for riding your scooter or other sporting activities. EVA-memory foam and neoprene butterfly closure ensure a comfortable fit when worn. And, they won't slip/move when you're running at fast speeds.
The high-density material finish and impact-resistant kneecap are features owners of these knee pads highly value. If you fall, you don't feel a substantial impact on the joints, minimizing the potential for injuries. Some owners complain of a slightly oversized fit, so maybe you should consider sizing down when purchasing these knee pads. Some also complained they are a bit bulky and cause friction by rubbing against the knee when moving at fast speeds.
NaveStar Knee Pads
- HIGH-QUALITY VELCRO CLASPS: With adjustable elastic belt and Velcro, it does not fall off when in extreme sports, thus significantly reducing the risk of injury
- Choose Your Size: Please bother to measure your size before your purchase to make sure you choose the right one. Child' version suits those whose weight is between 25-40 kg（55-88lb）and whose knee girth is between 20-28 cm(7.87-11"). If your child's knee girth is over 28 cm, please choose the adult's version.The adult's version suits those whose weight is between 40-68 kg(88-150lb) and whose knee girth is between 28-34 cm(11-13.4")
- FOR MULTIPLE SPORTS: Skateboarding, inline skating(roller blading), cycling, riding, mountaineering, snowboading, skiing, ice skating and other extreme sports
- WARRANTY: If any quality problem occurs within one year of your purchase, please tell us, we would be willing to refund your money or resend a new one
- GOOD ANTI-SHOCK & PROTECTION: Knee pads and elbow pads are made of 4 layered fabrics. （Inside of 600D and foam, outside of EVA and strong plastic. ）The wrist guards are made of 600D and plastic.The structure guarantees the strong impact resistance. HIGH-QUALITY VELCRO CLASPS: With adjustable elastic belt and Velcro, it does not fall off when in extreme sports, thus significantly reducing the risk of injury Choose Your Size: Please bother to measure your size before your purchase to make sure yo
Protective pads for the knees, elbows, and wrists feature an anti-shock exterior surface to minimize impact when you hit the ground. The four-layered fabric inside foam and EVA-padding guarantee superior protection and durability for your new protective gear.
Owners like how easy it is to adjust the Velcro-fasteners when putting on/taking off the set. They are also available in children and adult sizes, guaranteeing the highest levels of safety and the perfect fit for any user. One of the cons owners note is that the fit/size isn't uniform throughout (knees, wrists, elbows), so it can be challenging to select the appropriate size. Some reviews also claim the exterior knee EVA padding wears off over time.
GIORO Knee Pads
This protective 3-in-1 set comes with knee, wrist, and elbow guards. They are impact resistant and have exterior shells on both knees to brace your fall. They are durable, made of PP and PE plastic materials.
The adjustable Velcro-straps ensure proper fit and minimize movement when you're riding your scooter. The foam padding interior lining also reduces the impact if you fall when wearing your knee pad set. One of the only complaints about this set is the sizing for the knee, elbow, and wrist pads. It is advised to size up, but this can cause some movement/shifting for some users when riding.
Kuangmi Knee Brace
- BENEFITS & PAIN RELIEF:Reduces inflammation,swelling,strains and sprain,soreness,stiffness.Ideal for meniscus tear,arthritis,tendonitis,osteoarthritis,runners and jumpers knee.Help recover from knee injuries or surgery,and get relief pain,limit patella movement and increase proprioception,stabilizing muscles,improve joint stability,reduce stress and risk of injury
- SIZE:Pls check the size chart before your order,measure the circumference of your thighs 6"(15cm) above the kneecap,S:11.4-13.3",M:13.3-15.7",L:15.7-18.1",XL:18.1-20.8",XXL:20.8-24"TIPS:If it tends to folds in the back of the knee,roll up at the top,slide down,not compression&support at all happened,it means the size you choose was too big,pls contact us,we'll exchange if you're having size problem
- SPORTS:Kuangmi knee braces are perfect for a range of activities including:Walking,Jogging,Running,Marathon,Jumping,Hiking,Cycling,Weightlifting,Powerlifting,Tennis,Golf,Bowling,Racquetball,Soccer,Football,Softball,Basketball,Baseball,Volleyball,Dance,Yoga,Skiing,Squats,Gym,Crossfit,Fitness,and such more. General use for 4 seasons,can be worn all day,suitable for both sexes,men and women,old and young,kids,many customers feedback they are also used for daily life,work,do housework etc.
- PREMIUM QUALITY:More than half of the customer feedback great product for the price.You get what you pay for.This knee brace has 2 Colors,3 Version,attractive design,color was fun.You can choose according to your preferences. 3D Designed to apply graduated compression without restraining your freedom of movement and without blood clots risk.Provides the necessary warmth and improves the blood circulation and muscular recovery.Soft,Comfortable,not dig into the skin,no itching or irritation
- FEATURE:3 Versions for Selecting(General/Advanced/Upgrade)General version is recommended daily use,not very intense exercise useAdvanced version contains the wavy anti-slip strips,which can prevent knee sleeve from slipping off during movement;Upgrade Version contains silicone pad and 2 spring support,Incorporated with gel pad that holds the patella in proper position,stabilizes your ACL,PCL,LCL,MCL ligaments,reinforced patella stabilizer and protection,offers more supports for knee
The product is one of the best knee pads if you want compression and injury protection in one. The knee pads are great for people living with arthritis and great for those who are recovering from injuries as well.
They help stabilize the kneecap to prevent injury when riding. The padded protection over the kneecap helps minimize impact when you fall. Compression guard also helps support the patella, MCL, ACL, and ligaments, reducing the potential for injuries. The size and tight fit are a couple of complaints made by some owners. It isn't adjustable either. And, the knee pad is higher in price than other products on the list
Demon Hyper X
- SIZES RUN ON SMALL SIDE- Size up if your measurements are close**Demon Hyper X D3O V3 Knee pad is the perfect option for mountain biking, snowboarding, and any other high impact activities. Built for comfort, built to last.
- Impact Protection: Integrated with a Kevlar front panel for complete abrasion resistance and D3O high performance shock absorbing foam CE 1621-1.
- Comfort: Dual hook and loop straps, soft terry cloth interior and additional padding on the inside and outside make the Demon Hyper X knee pad extrmely comfortable.
- Venting: Built with perforated neoprene to allow for maximum ventilation.
- Warranty: Backed by the Demon United quality guarantee. Built tough.
These knee pads are durable and provide integrated impact protection for the wearer at all times. You can wear them for virtually any sport, so you can get rid of other protective gear and replace it with these knee pads.
Padding inside and out is one of the significant benefits of these knee pads. They are comfortable, minimize impact upon fall, and have high shock absorption material, to help prevent injuries. A very high price-tag is one of the major cons. Some people also claim the knee pads run large, so you might want to size down when purchasing them.
Triple 8 ExoSkin Knee Pad
- High density 8-link foam padding for knee caps
- Outside Kevlar knee cover for maximum abrasion and tear resistance
- Six padded pockets for key impact areas to the sides of the knee
- Perforated Neoprene body for breathability
- Inside terry-cloth lining for comfort & sweat absorption
A final option is this set of knee pads by ExoSkin. The high-density, eight-foam knee pads offer superior protection and padding, to help create a softer landing place when you fall.
Pros of these knee pads include the six-padded sockets over the joints, and perforated neoprene material is highly breathable. The inside terry cloth material also helps with regulating body temperatures when using the knee pads. Some complain that they don't feel superior levels of protection when wearing the knee pads. Some reviewers complain about quality control as well.
We believe the JBM International is the best knee pads available for riding your scooter. An affordable price, comfortable fit, and quality material construction make these an excellent option for all riders. Additionally, they are available in sizes for children and adults. And, you receive elbow and wrist pads along with the knee pads. A well-known industry name backs the quality of these knee pads as well.