You want your kids to play outdoors. However, it's tough for parents to get their kids off the couch and away from the video games and Youtube videos they love. The Razor e90 electric scooter is a possible solution to your parental woes. It's an electric scooter, so they're only doing half the work when playing, but even an electric scooter gets them outside with their friends -- and any exercise is better than no exercise, right? And it definitely beats having them sit inside all day doing nothing and staring at a screen for eight hours straight.
But not just any electric scooter will do. You need one that's the right size for your kid, safe, durable, and can run for more than a few hours without having to be recharged. And that's where the Razor 390 electric scooter comes in.
About the Razor e90 Electric Scooter
When comparing the Razor e90 electric scooter to other brands, consumers should consider several features, specifications, and designs. Weight capacity, speeds, and functionality are also some of the many aspects to consider when choosing a new scooter. These are some things that set the Razor e90 electric scooter apart from competitors.
Motor & speed
The Razor e90 electric scooter features a 12-volt, 100-watt kick start battery. A single battery powers the engine, in comparison to higher-end models with dual-batteries. The top speeds kids will achieve on this scooter is about nine miles per hour (MPH). This speed is in comparison to some higher end (and more expensive) models, that can reach 10 to 15 MPH. The Razor e90 electric scooter has less torque than other models with dual-motors. But, for young kids, and lighter weight capacity, it should more than suffice.
The frame of the Razor e90 electric scooter is 31 inches X 14 inches X 33 inches. The product weighs about 22 pounds and appropriate for kids age eight and older. It features a chain-driven motor, and it gets approximately 30 miles per charge. The 12-volt battery features a sealed cover, and the charging time for this scooter is about 12 hours. The powder coating material on the steel scooter also helps prevent rust and deterioration.
There are many great features owners will appreciate when riding the Razor e90 electric scooter. It features a push throttle acceleration. The kick-start motor helps prevent accidental start ups also. The handbrake in the front fender and urethane front wheel won't wear out quickly. It is maintenance free and features a steel frame finish. It is well-built, and owners can ride it in wet or dry conditions.
In comparison to the old version of the Razor e90 electric scooter, the new model gets up to 80 minutes ride time. The previous model only got up to approximately 50 minutes before having to recharge the battery. With over a 50 percent increase in battery life and performance, owners can use it for more extended periods, without having to worry about the battery draining quickly.
Rider Age And Razor E90 Electric Scooter Weight Limits
The Razor e90 electric scooter can hold users up to 120 pounds. The recommended weight is between 100 to 120 pounds for riders. It is also best for riders who are eight years of age or older. The manufacturer recommends children should be at least 10 years old to ride safely. These limits make it an excellent scooter for kids up to younger teens looking for an electric scooter. The trusted Razor name ensures quality in design with this scooter.
Advantages and Disadvantages of the Razor e90 Electric Scooter
There are several advantages and disadvantages the Razor e90 electric scooter presents to owners. It's important to consider the positive and negative features before investing in this scooter. These are some of the most prominent pros and cons we found.
Several great features set the Razor e90 electric scooter apart from competitors. For those shopping for a child's electric scooter, some of the best parts of this product are:
Some drawbacks are also worth mentioning for those considering purchasing the Razor e90 electric scooter. Some of the problems with this scooter include:
How We Reviewed the Razor e90 Electric Scooter
Our review compares other kids' electric scooters. We examined the features, design, age group, and specifications of comparable products. We also included models of varying price points so that parents can find the best product for an affordable price. And we include safety features as well as consumer ratings for each comparable scooter.
The Best Scooters Available
Other electric scooters offer similar features as the Razor e90 electric scooters. For parents looking for a comparable brand, or model, these are some of the best options available.
- SMOOTH & SPEEDY RIDE - COSTZON electric scooter is designed for teens above 14 years old. The heavy-duty steel frame provides extra durability and stability. While the speed reaches up to 7.5 mph which is suitable for kids to ride securely but also offers much excitement.
- ADJUSTABLE HANDLE HEIGHT - NO worry that it can't accompany your kids when they grow up. Adjust the handle height (32''-36") to meet your kids' different requirements.
- POWERFUL SCOOTER - Equipped with TWO rechargeable 12v batteries, you kids can ride for 6.2 miles to 9.3 miles and enjoy the full happiness after 6-8 hours of charging time.
- ALL IN CONTROL - The front brake makes it easy to stop. Non-slip handles for better controlling. Retractable kickstand is for off and on the go riders. It is an ideal transportation tool for students, running errands, sightseeing and just getting around your neighborhood.
- Choose either a NORMAL or a FOLDABLE scooter. Lightweight design makes it convenient to carry. While the folding one will offer you more flexibility. It is super easy to fold and take anywhere you want; It can be conveniently stored in a car, car trunk, RV, boat, classroom, bus, or train.
The scooter is affordable, easy to set up, and features a wide user range for teens 14 and older. It features a kickstand to avoid accidentally setting off the scooter. The 7.5 MPH limit, and nearly 10 miles range, allows users to ride the scooter several miles before recharging. It also comes in a foldable or non-foldable model making it easy to transport anywhere.
It includes two 12-volt batteries, allowing riders to enjoy longer ride times and higher speeds. The handlebar can adjust to accommodate the rider's height. The handbrake also makes it easy to stop in dangerous situations and avoid accidents. The scooter can also carry passengers up to 155 pounds in weight. So it is ideal for teens as well as young adults. The product is great for commuting to/from class or getting around town.
The only drawback is that the Costzon name isn't as recognizable as others, like Razor. So, some consumers might be wary of investing in this scooter. But, for the low price, some consumers might choose it over comparable models.
Aosom 120-Watt Electric Scooter
This electric scooter features a 120-watt battery. It also features a built-in seat and can achieve speeds up to 7.5 MPH. It also features LEDs around the wheel. This feature is great for safety in the evening and at night and it the flashing just look cool from a distance.
The front handbrake affords owners full control and allows them to start and stop the scooter while riding comfortably. The rechargeable battery takes between eight to 12 hours to charge and owners can expect to get between 6 miles to 9.5 miles on a single charge. The maximum weight capacity is 176 pounds, so it is great for kids and young teen riders also.
Some concerns with the scooter's quality are present in user reviews. One reviewer writes that some parts of the scooter bend easily. It is possible to dent/damage different areas while riding. The instructions aren't clear either, so it requires a learning curve for new riders.
- EXTREME PORTABILITY: The BIBENE scooter's patented folding mechanisms ensure its unparalleled compactness (32" x 16.5" x 11.4" in fold). You can easily pack several scooters in the trunk and still have room for your other favorite items. This easy-fold function means you can bring it up on public transport conveniently.
- 16 LBS SUPER LIGHTWEIGHT SCOOTER: Weighs only 16 lbs, the entire frame and deck of the scooter is made from high-quality material which make the scooter significantly lighter than other electric scooters on the market. That's light enough to lift up a few stairs or for a short distance. It is a perfect scooter for urban commuters.
- SAFE AND HIGH-CAPACITY BATTERY SYSTEM: Using high-capacity 25V Lithium battery, it provides the scooter with superb range and battery lifespan of over 500 cycles. The battery pack is skillfully stored in the front steering tube for better heat dissipation and keep it safe.
- ADVANCED MOTOR TECHNOLOGY: The hub motor is specially developed to be high-torque,high-powered yet lightweight, giving you an enjoyable riding experience. Feel the force with a 250w motor which can get up to speeds of around 23km/h. The 25v battery ONLY needs 1.5h to be fully charged and the charger is included.
- ULTRA SLIM DECK: Best quality material make the deck super slim yet strong.The maximum load-bearing can be up to 200lbs though it is quite thin. The deck acts as an integrated suspension to smoothen out uneven paths. PLEASE NOTE: S1 uses solid tire not air tire, it may feel cracks and bumps on uneven surfaces.
This scooter is a good option for teens to young adults. It has a higher weight capacity than the Razor e90 electric scooter. It can hold up to 200 pounds and is for kids age 13 and older. The scooter can achieve speeds up to 15 MPH, and its battery can last up to 500 cycles.
The 25-volt lithium ion battery is sturdy and goes longer distances than comparable scooters. It doesn't require as much charging as other products either. The ultra-slim deck is easy for riding, and the adjustable handlebar is great for riders of all heights. A natural fold function makes this scooter highly transportable also so owners can take it to/from class or for riding around town.
One reviewer notes that the product is not the same as the one they bought on Amazon. Consumers should make sure they're ordering the right model, to ensure they're happy with their order.
- 【 Fast Speed & Long Range 8.8Ah Battery 】 - High capacity of 8.8Ah Battery with a maximum travel range of up to 8-15miles under specific conditions. The 250W motor propels the e-scooter to a max speed of 10-15 MPH.
- 【 3-Level Speed and LCD Display 】- 3 levels of speed to meet your requirement and LCD display can show speed, battery life, odometer and time accurately.
- 【 3 seconds Portable Fold-n-Carry Design 】- It is made of Carbon Fiber that weighs only16 lbs. Portable folding design for easy storage at home or hand carry when necessary.
- 【 Dual Safe Breaking 】- Large 5.5" front and 5" rear solid rubber tires features great driving stability. You can press the handbrake or use your feet to step on rear pedal to brake the electric scooter.
- 【 1-Year Warranty 】- Please be noted all our products have "Tianrun" Logo,and we offer 12-month warranty, quick replies in case of problem, and instant refunds. Please email us if you have any questions
The scooter can travel between 10 to 15 MPH. It can also go 8 to 15 miles before requiring a recharge. The 8.8 Ah battery is durable, and the 264-pound weight capacity makes it great for teens and adults. The scooter features a carbon-fiber finish so that it won't rust in the rain or wet conditions. There's an LCD allowing owners to adjust settings and speeds easily. The scooter also features three-speed settings.
The three-second portable, fold and carry system, ensure owners can easily transport the scooter. It comes with a one-year warranty also. It weighs approximately 16 pounds, so it is not too heavy to carry around. The scooter also features large 5.5-inch front pneumatic tires, helping minimize shock on rough riding surfaces.
Some reviewers complain of the quality and finish of this scooter. One reviewer notes that they got their scooter, and it had defects upon arrival. So, they weren't able to use the scooter and had to return it.
Our Verdict: Is the Razor e90 Electric Scooter the Best in its Price Range?
The Razor e90 electric scooter is one of the best electric scooters for kids. The Razor brand is a leader in the industry so parents can rely on quality as well as the safety features the company built into the scooter. It accommodates children to young teens. The long battery life and kick-start motor are nice features that ensure a smooth ride/operation. The scooter also features a nice riding deck and a steel powder coating finish so it won't rust or damage easily in the rain or other outdoor conditions. The quick charge time and simple operability make it an excellent option for younger kids to enjoy time with friends. The price is also comparable to other products and lesser known brands of electric scooters.
For those looking for an alternative brand, the Costzon 24-volt scooter is not a bad choice. It is affordable, features a powerful 24-volt battery. There is a foldable and non-foldable model, and the scooter can achieve nearly eight miles on a single charge. With speeds up to 10 MPH, it is also comparable to the Razor e90 electric scooter. Short charge times of up to eight hours also reduce downtime after riding the scooter. The scooter is ideal for teens and young adults. An adjustable handlebar also allows kids of varying heights to adjust to their liking easily.
For parents looking for an affordable, high-quality scooter with a simple design, the Razor e90 is a good pick. Although it lacks in some of the bells and whistles found in other scooters and only has a single motor, for younger children, it's still an excellent choice. The low price point and built-in safety features are aspects parents can appreciate when choosing an electric scooter.