You only get to be a kid once, right? With the Razor e300 electric scooter, some teens and adults can relive their childhood memories. Electric scooters are great for everyday enjoyment and playtime for kids. However, they're also a good commuter option for some individuals as well.
Some people don't own a car, nor do they want to rely on public transportation. An electric scooter is an alternative to consider. Or, if you're shopping for the perfect holiday gift for your kids, it's also a great option. Electric scooters are eco-friendly, enjoyable, and they're much faster (and easier), than doing the kick-pedaling yourself. You don't have to succumb to adulthood just yet. Get out there and enjoy the warm weather while it lasts with a great electric scooter. If nothing else, you're kids are going to love playing with it as well.
Specs of the Razor e300 Electric Scooter
- Speeds up to 15 mph
- Up to 40 minutes of continuous use .Max weight 220 Pounds
- Super-sized deck and frame
- High torque, chain driven motor
- Features rear wheel drive for increased traction and control
For those who are considering a new electric scooter, the Razor e300 electric scooter is a good option. It weighs 52 pounds and features 10-inch wheels. The heavy-duty deck is full and accommodates adults and children who weigh below the user max weight capacity. The scooter features hand-operated brakes and is available in grey, pink, and blue.
Design and build
When comparing the Razor e300 electric scooter with competitors, consumers should consider factors such as structure and stability. The scooter utilizes a chain-driven motor, which owners claim is quite loud while operating. It has a brushed steel frame which is sturdy.
The simplistic design is also something that sets it apart from other scooters. It takes only a couple of minutes to put together out of the box. The scooter features large, pneumatic tires that create smooth transitions and turns also. For those looking for something efficient and straightforward, without many features, this scooter is a good pick.
Battery life and charge time
The battery life and charge time are two of the most significant issues owners have with the Razor e300 electric scooter. The scooter has a 24-volt battery that can last up to 45 minutes. The recommended charge time is 10 to 12 hours, however, charging for 24 hours will produce the best results. It features a chain-driven motor that can speed up to 15 MPH (miles per hour). The scooter can travel up to three miles per ride/use. For some users who are smaller and lighter, the scooter can go a little further per charge.
Who's the Razor e300 electric scooter for?
The Razor e300 electric scooter is for teens and adults age 13 and older. The rider weight limit is 220 pounds (or 100 kilograms). Parents should use their best judgment when choosing the scooter for children. Some kids younger than 13 are mature enough to ride. But, owners should note that the minimum suggested age is 13.
Benefits and Drawbacks of the Razor e300 Electric Scooter
Like every product, there are good and bad features consumers should familiarize themselves with about this product. Although the Razor e300 electric scooter is a great product, there are some drawbacks to consider. These are some of the best and worst features to weigh before choosing the scooter.
The significant drawbacks relate to charging times and usability. But, this is the case with many electric scooters. Consumers should weigh these and the positives when comparing the Razor e300 electric scooter with other scooters.
How We Reviewed the Razor e300 Electric Scooter
Our review process compared the scooter with other top models/brands. We included first-hand reviews by owners of comparable products. In the analysis, we also included scooters of varying prices for different rider age/weight groups. We added information about charging, usage, safety, features, and design of the best scooters. We also included specs, material design, and overall ease of riding the scooters in our reviews. Lastly, we provided information about the Razor e300 electric scooter, and competitors, to help consumers find the best option.
The Best Comparable Electric Scooters
There are several comparable models to choose from when comparing electric scooters. For those who want alternatives to the Razor e300 electric scooter, these are a few great options to consider.
GOTRAX GXL Commuting Scooter
- Version 2 - Handbrake, Cruise Control, Reinforced Frame and Lock Mechanism
- 8. 5" PNEUMATIC TIRES - Making the GXL the ultimate commuting scooter for overcoming treacherous city streets
- 250 WATT MOTOR - Our most powerful scooter yet, the GXL has a top speed of 15. 5MPH and holds a maximum of 220 lbs.
- 36V BATTERY - The GXL travels up to 9-12 miles and recharges in about 4 Hours. Height from Handlebars to Deck-38 inch
- PORTABLE DESIGN - The GXL Frame folds down and locks for easy storage making it a perfect commuting scooter
This scooter can achieve a max speed of up to 15.5 MPH and features two large, 8.5-inch pneumatic tires. It is ideal for daily commuting around town, to work, or to run errands. It features a 250-watt motor and can hold a max user weight of 220 pounds.
The scooter also has a 36-volt battery and can travel up to 12.4 miles on a single charge. This distance is much higher than comparable scooters, such as the Razor e300 electric scooter. The recharge time is also considerably shorter, requiring only four hours for a full battery charge. The folding, portable design makes it simple to take the scooter on the go as well.
Several customers complain about poor customer service. Many criticize that the product dies after a short period of use, and getting a refund is difficult. For the price, owners would hope for better product quality than this scooter delivers.
TianRun Electric Scooter
- 【 Fast Speed & Long Range 8.8Ah Battery 】 - High capacity of 8.8Ah Battery with a maximum travel range of up to 8-15miles under specific conditions. The 250W motor propels the e-scooter to a max speed of 10-15 MPH.
- 【 3-Level Speed and LCD Display 】- 3 levels of speed to meet your requirement and LCD display can show speed, battery life, odometer and time accurately.
- 【 3 seconds Portable Fold-n-Carry Design 】- It is made of Carbon Fiber that weighs only16 lbs. Portable folding design for easy storage at home or hand carry when necessary.
- 【 Dual Safe Breaking 】- Large 5.5" front and 5" rear solid rubber tires features great driving stability. You can press the handbrake or use your feet to step on rear pedal to brake the electric scooter.
- 【 1-Year Warranty 】- Please be noted all our products have "Tianrun" Logo,and we offer 12-month warranty, quick replies in case of problem, and instant refunds. Please email us if you have any questions
This scooter features an 8.8 Ah battery and can travel a range of 10 to 15 MPH. The average distance owners will get on a single charge is 8 to 15 miles. The electric scooter can hold users up to 264 pounds in weight. So, it is a little sturdier than comparable scooters.
The scooter has a 250-watt motor and features three different speed levels. It also has an LCD screen that allows users to adjust settings when they choose to do so quickly. The three-second foldable design also ensures the scooter is compact and easily transportable. It features sizeable 5.5-inch pneumatic tires, with safe braking, and can make quick stops when necessary.
Quality defect and performance concerns are some issues owners of this scooter mention. One reviewer claims the product had defects upon arrival so that they couldn't use it.
Glion Dolly Foldable Scooter
- Patented dolly and vertical self-standing feature with 1-second foot-actuated folding.
- Electronic anti-lock brakes and rear fender foot activated press brake.
- Front fork suspension for a smooth and comfortable ride.
- Clean, quiet, gearless hub motor powered by a 36 volt 7.8 ah lithium-ion battery.
- A portable, personal electric vehicle. Cover sold separately.
This sizeable electric scooter features a 6.6 Ah battery, with 36-volts of power. The quiet, 250-watt motor guarantees high levels of performance and speed when using the scooter. The brushless, gearless, and chainless design is more subdued than comparable products. It is also more durable, and owners complain of fewer issues with the motor than the alternative chain-motor.
The large rubber tires never go flat or lose air while riding. The maintenance-free, anti-lock brake system also ensures safety when riding at top speeds. The scooter can travel up to 15 MPH and has a range of up to 15 miles on a full charge. It comes with a rear bell and a carrying case. A short charging time of 3.25 hours is also something owners appreciate with this product.
Good quality, but the product doesn't have good suspension performance. For the higher price, this is something the reviewer indicates the manufacturer shouldn't overlook. It makes it difficult to ride on bumpy or uneven streets, roads, and off-road also.
Costzon Electric Scooter
- SMOOTH & SPEEDY RIDE - COSTZON electric scooter is designed for teens above 14 years old. The heavy-duty steel frame provides extra durability and stability. While the speed reaches up to 7.5 mph which is suitable for kids to ride securely but also offers much excitement.
- ADJUSTABLE HANDLE HEIGHT - NO worry that it can't accompany your kids when they grow up. Adjust the handle height (32''-36") to meet your kids' different requirements.
- POWERFUL SCOOTER - Equipped with TWO rechargeable 12v batteries, you kids can ride for 6.2 miles to 9.3 miles and enjoy the full happiness after 6-8 hours of charging time.
- ALL IN CONTROL - The front brake makes it easy to stop. Non-slip handles for better controlling. Retractable kickstand is for off and on the go riders. It is an ideal transportation tool for students, running errands, sightseeing and just getting around your neighborhood.
- Choose either a NORMAL or a FOLDABLE scooter. Lightweight design makes it convenient to carry. While the folding one will offer you more flexibility. It is super easy to fold and take anywhere you want; It can be conveniently stored in a car, car trunk, RV, boat, classroom, bus, or train.
The scooter has two, 12-volt batteries for total 24-volt power. It can reach speeds of up to 7.5 MPH. Owners can expect an average of 5 to 10 miles distance on a single charge with this scooter. The product comes in a foldable or standard model. It also features a retractable kickstand.
It is for teens and adults who are 14 years of age or older. The maximum user weight is 155 pounds, so this dramatically limits who can use this commuter scooter. It is best for light users and younger teens for daily commuting needs. The adjustable height handlebars are also a nice feature on this scooter. It allows riders of varying heights to adjust quickly to meet their riding needs on the scooter. The average charge time is six to eight hours for full battery power.
The major drawback of this scooter is the rider weight limit. It also drains the battery fairly quickly. Larger and taller users are also going to waste the battery life faster than teens do. So, reviewers suggest changing the ride mode and adjusting settings to maximize battery life with this product.
NineBoot by Segway
- Ride Faster & Further: With a more powerful motor of 300W compared with ES1, the Segway ES2 KickScooter can reach to 15 mph (25Km/H), travel up to 15 miles (25 km) and accommodate a max load of 220 lbs. (100 kg).
- Lightweight & Foldable: With a total weight of 27.6 lbs (12.5 kg) and the one-click folding system, the Segway ES2 KickScooter can be carried with one hand, making it the perfect lightweight travel companion.
- Safe & Comfortable Riding: Front and rear wheel shock absorbers equipped with large solid tires provide maximum rider comfort. The mechanical and electrical anti-lock braking system ensures an efficient, responsive braking distance of just 13.1ft.
- Superior Technology: Segway ES2 KickScooter features an LED display, Bluetooth capabilities, cruise control, customizable ambient light colors, mobile app connectivity for additional security and firmware updates, and more.
- Operating Temperature: 14-104°F (-10-40°C); Storage Temperature: -4-122°F (-20-50°C)
Large front, 8-inch pneumatic tires, and rear 7.5-inch tires make riding smooth and easy on this scooter. The riding range is up to 15.5 miles on a single charge, and the max speed is also 15.5 MPH. There is a mobility connectivity app so that users can track different functions on their smartphones. The scooter is for teens and young adults. The max user weight suggestion for this product is 200 pounds.
The scooter also features a cruise control speed setting. This feature is great for those who are riding the same paths daily. They can set the speed to ensure they'll reach their destination on time. It is also a nice feature to help reduce battery consumption by traveling at lower, consistent speeds. The LED display makes controlling it easy by indicating battery life and other functions when riding the scooter. It also has front and rear LED lights. This is an excellent as a safety feature when riding in the dark. It also has an electric braking system.
Several consumers complain about the quality and the product breaking down after a short ownership period. This reviewer claims the wheels began to squeak and the motor begins to rattle after short distances. The reviewer also notes that the scooter is quite heavy to carry uphill.
Our Verdict: The Razor e300 Electric Scooter vs. the Field
An electric scooter is fun for kids and an economical (fun) mode of transportation for adults also. The Razor e300 electric scooter is an excellent option for those looking for a new scooter. One of the leading companies manufactures it so that customers can rely on the quality. It does have some drawbacks, especially concerns with power and battery charge times. Consumers also claim it heats up quickly. If you're not mindful of this, it can pose some dangers for riders. If you're looking for an economical scooter, from a leader in the industry, the Razor e300 electric scooter is it.
Consumers looking for an affordable alternative should consider the Costzon scooter. It is for users age 14 and older and features a 24-volt battery. The product can attain speeds of up to 7.5 MPH. It can also travel an average of 5 to 10 miles on a single charge. It has a full riding frame and base, and adjustable handlebars for each rider's height needs. There is a regular and foldable variety of this product, so owners can easily transport it as well. For the price, it is efficient and provides reasonable power for daily commuting.
For those who can afford it, there are many great options by Razor, as well as other manufacturers. No matter what you're looking for in a new electric scooter, there is one to fit your needs. The Razor e300 electric scooter and these competitors are some of the best options for any budget shopper to consider.